Yes, eight. Count them! 8 days until the LATISM conference here in Chicago. The conference that I’ve been working on since the beginning of the year – or spring? I can’t remember, it’s all been a blur. One fantastic, mind-blowing, inspirational, frustrating, amazing, stupefying ride. And it’s not over yet!
During those months there were so many other amazing things that happened in my life (a girl cannot live from work alone right?!) a few highlights include:
- The time I Zaarly‘d someone to come clean and @AHauntrepreneur from the Zaarly Chicago dream team was the one to respond (which for the record, his mama did a good job, that boy can clean!)
- The fabulous BlogHer-a-thon with @AnaRC and @ergeekgoddess, that’s 72 hours en tacones learning, networking and meeting all the fabulous twitterati like @LaLicenciada @laflowers @typeamom @presleyspantry and, WHAT?! Nipples and feet?! NOOOO @nibblesNfeasts !!!
- A live radio interview with Poco A Poco bilingual radio show in Chicago with the energetic and intelligent Maya Escobar and her fabulous father, Gonzalo Escobar.
- Frick attended a high tea with me at the Intercontinental Chicago for the Royal Wedding and it was executed phenomenally! Every detail, every flower, every delicious morsel.
- My husband and I celebrated 10 years of wedded bliss! More like my husband and I and our kids (they keep following us around!! Something about make us breakfast, help tie my shoes, I can’t do my buttons – geesh!!) celebrated our anniversary.
- We took a family vacay to the Choo-Choo Hotel in Chattanooga, TN. It sounded like a cool experience for the kids, and, thanks to my fabulous shopping techniques, I scored a deal for 2 nights in the converted train cars (1 night would have sufficed). We also went to Rock City while in Chattanooga, and it rocks! Plus, there’s a Starbucks right across the street.
Like that, there are many other great stories and people I’ve met along the way, but now, eight days before the conference, I’m freaking out because we’re moving to the suburbs at the end of this month!!!!